A quick post today before we head out to Aidan’s “favourite op-shop”, yep, he has a favourite, definitely a toy thing.
Amelie has been loving school…phewww, so I felt like she needed a “well done” kind of treat and a treat from me often involves some making & baking.
Aidan helped make this so it’s a good one for kids to be involved in.
Author: Cathie Small Kitchen Tales
Recipe type: Bars
- ½ cup wholemeal flour
weetbix/ vitabrits, broken up
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1¼ cups fruit & nut cereal or fruit & nut muesli
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- preheat oven to 170C and line 20cm tin with baking paper
- combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
- mix milk, egg, oil and honey together and pour into dry ingredients, mix until combine
- pour into prepared tin and bake for 25-30 min or until golden
- allow to cool and cut into bars
* if you find the mixture is too wet, add a little more wholemeal flour, it should be slightly wet, not a stiff mixture
Have a happy Friday ♥