It’s kinder holidays for us for the next two weeks so wish me luck as I try to find some adventures to keep these little beings amused.
This is a good recipe to try with little ones* as you can do all the mixing by hand.
- 250g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 egg
- ½ cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 160g combined grated zucchini & grated carrot (smallish carrot & zucchini)
- raw sugar for sprinkling
- preheat oven to 160C/180C fan, line tins with cupcake papers
- sift flour, spices, baking powder and bicarb soda together in a small bowl and set aside
- mix oil, egg, brown sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth, add dry ingredients and stir to combine
- add grated zucchini and carrot and stir just until combined
- spoon into cupcake papers and sprinkle with some raw sugar
- bake for 25min, test with a skewer, skewer should come out clean
I didn’t ice them so they feel like they are healthy to eat but if you wanted to dress them up a little, you can try a cream cheese icing.
You could also add a handful of sultanas or nuts as well into the batter.
We are off to the crazy land known as IKEA now, have a great day ♥
* I made these without the kids and they loved them, then Amelie asked..”what’s the green in there, is it avocado?” I asked her if they were nice, she said yes, then I told her that it was zucchini she scrunched her face up.. so if they are fussy, don’t tell them what’s in there until they try them.