Last days before school heads back for term 3 and I think we are all ready for us to get back into our routines.
As we head back to the every day these cookies make a great after school treat on these cold winter days.
They are chewy and oaty and filled with fruit and nuts. You can interchange the fruit and nuts and even add dark choc chips if you feel indulgent.
This recipe makes heaps but they seem to quickly disappear at our place and also keep well in an airtight container for a few days.
- 225g butter, room temperature
- 200g (1 cup) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 generous tablespoons treacle
- 185g (1½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 270g (3 cups) rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 40g (1/3 cup) cornflour
- 100g (1 cup) dried cranberries
- 170g (1 cup) dates, chopped
- 100g (1 cup) walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan and line 4 baking trays with baking paper
- In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and cornflour. Set aside
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and treacle. Add in the flour mixture and stir until combined. Add in the cranberries, dates and walnuts and mix to combine
- Portion cookie dough into about ¼ cup balls and roll
- Bake for about 16 minutes, just until golden and slightly firm. They will harden when cool so do not overcook
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container
Are you baking anything?
Enjoy the last days of school holidays and keep warm and cosy.