It has been unbelievably cold and wet and the littlies have been getting a little crazy indoors…so what to do, tempt them with baking, cookie cutters, chocolate and lots of sprinkles.
Very simple recipe and you probably have everything in your pantry.
- 125 g butter softened
- 165 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 225 g plain flour
- 35 g self raising flour
- 35 g cocoa
- 200 g dark chocolate
- hundreds & thousands / sprinkles
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with electric mixer until pale and creamy, a few minutes. add egg and mix to combine
- Sift together both flours and the cocoa and stir into mix
- Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Flatten and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C, 356 deg F. Grease trays
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3-5mm thick. Cut shapes and place on trays
- Bake for about 10 minutes, do not overbake these as they will harden
- Cool on wire racks.
- When cool, melt chocolate using double boiler method, bowl ontop of saucepan with hot water Spread tops of each cookie with chocolate and sprinkle with hundreds & thousands. Allow to set
Hope you enjoyed this recipe, as I mentioned it’s great for kids and especially great for school holidays!