Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 175 C/350 F. Place cupcake papers in tins
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa, flour and baking soda
- Cream butter and sugar with mixer on medium-high, until pale. Add brown sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping bowl. Mix in sour cream.
- On low, add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with buttermilk, and beginning and ending with flour, until just combined.
- Divide batter among papers, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake until firm to the touch and a cake tester inserted in centers comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
Chocolate Mousse Icing
- 1 1/2 cups cream, cold
- 225 g chocolate, melted, warm
- Whisk cream in a medium bowl until soft peaks form and then pour in warm chocolate and mix quickly to incorporate
- Refrigerate until cool and place in a piping bag and pipe on cupcakes immediately. If it chills too much it will get too stiff so only chill about 5-10 minutes
If you need to convert anything, try this out.
Hope you have a good day, we have been a little flat due to the heat, kinder starting and market recovery.
Sorry if I haven’t replied back to your wonderful comments, thank you for taking the time to stop by and I really appreciate that.
As a thank you for joining my adventures I will be having a giveaway soon as I am fast approaching the 200th post mark.
It will be in the next couple of weeks and it will be just for you,
m.e’s wonderful followers.