Thank you for all your questions and recipe requests, if you still haven’t put one through you still have till tomorrow.
I will get to all of them in the next couple of weeks but for now I thought I’d try a variation on our porridge as the little ones are wanting a little more of an adventure with their breakfast.
Cinnamon & Raisin Toasted Muesli
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven at 180 C
- in a large bowl combine oats and coconut and set aside
- in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon and bring to the boil. remove from heat and stir in vanilla
- pour over oat mixture and stir till coated
- spread in a large shallow baking pan and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden, whilst stirring occasionally.
- cool and then add raisins or whatever dried fruit you like, I added dried apricots as well.
- store in an airtight container