A few weeks ago we dehydrated some fruit, pears, bananas and strawberries and I added them all to our Granola mix.
It’s all gone and the kids are asking for more.
Fruit & Nut Granola
Author: Cathie Small Kitchen Tales
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup bran
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 cups flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups sultanas/raisins
- Dried fruit of your choice, banana, pear, apple, mango, papaya, paw paw, cranberries etc
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan
- Combine all ingredients except dried fruit in a bowl and mix to coat
- Spread onto a greased baking tray and bake for 30 minutes whilst stirring every 10 minutes
- Mix in fruit, allow to cool and store in an airtight jar
You should try it, it’s easy and healthy and gives you and the family something different for breakfast or even for an after school snack.
What do you have for breakfast?
Happy week to you, we are back to school on Friday….eeeeep, grade ONE ♥