We are off to Nanny’s and we know Nanny loves anything with ginger, so we made her a little surprise.
Ginger Snaps recipe from Women’s Weekly
makes about 48
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 cups plain flour
- 200g butter, chopped
- 1 egg
- preheat oven to 160 degrees C, grease oven trays
- process sugar, gingers, flour and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles breadcrumbs, add egg and process until a ball is formed
- turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll small teaspoons of mixture into balls, place on trays, allowing room to spread and flatten slightly with a fork
- bake about 20 minutes or until slightly golden. allow to cool
This is a great recipe for the little ones to help out with by rolling and flattening the dough.