Have been thinking about making Honey Jumbles for a while and saw them over at Liss’s the other day and definitely had to try them as they look and believe me they smell soooo good!
My critics advise me they are delicious and very moreish.
- Honey Jumbles
- 90g butter
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1½ teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Place butter and honey in a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil over a low heat. Simmer for a few minutes, then allow to cool for about 15 minutes
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices and add to butter mixture, gently stir in milk.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for about an hour
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead, adding a little flour if needed
- Divide mixture into four portions and roll each into a long sausage shape and cut each sausage into six pieces
- Tuck cut edges under slightly
- Place biscuits onto trays. Bake for about 8 to 12 minutes or until biscuits begin to crack on surface.
1 egg white
1½ cups icing sugar, sifted
Whisk egg white in a bowl. Add icing sugar, stirring until smooth, add strawberry paste or red food colour to half the icing. Add vanilla extract to other half
Spread pink icing over half the biscuits and white over the other half. Allow to set
Hope you get a chance to try them, thanks to those that have tried other recipes and let me know the results, really appreciate it.
Have a good Saturday friends