We love a long weekend. The little extra sleep in, the ease of waking up without rushing to go somewhere, everyone at home, casual breakfasts, playing outside, going for a walk , hanging out with the chickies, collecting eggs and baking muffins.
- 2½ cups (350g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ cup (100g) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2½ tablespoons poppy seeds, plus extra for sprinkling
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup (180ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (100g) yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated pear, ripe
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C and line a 12 x ½-cup-capacity muffin tin with paper cases
- Place the flour, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, poppy seeds in a large bowl and mix to combine
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg, oil, yoghurt, vanilla and pear and mix until just combined
- Spoon into the prepared tin,
sprinklewith the extra poppy seeds and bake for 22–25 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer
What are you up to this weekend?
Are you baking something?