I promised you a butter cake recipe and here it is.
It really is a great one for icing with buttercream or even fondant.
Perfect basic cake and stays moist for days…very important!
Perfect Butter Cake
Author: Cathie Small Kitchen Tales
Recipe type: Cake
Serves: 22cm cake
- 250g butter, room temperature
- 250g caster sugar
- splash of vanilla
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 330g self raising flour, sifted
- 180ml milk, room temperature
- preheat oven to 180C/160C fan, grease and line a 22cm round cake tin with baking paper
- beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, mix in vanilla
- beat in eggs one at a time
- add flour and milk in 3 batches whilst stirring just until combined
- spread mixture into cake tin and bake for about 50-60 minutes, test with skewer
- allow to cool slightly and turn out onto cooling rack
- leave un-iced or ice with butter cream if it's for a special occasion cake
This week is a baking week as there’s a market on, hope you can come by and say hi.
Happy Wednesday friends, hope to visit you soon.