It’s been so long I think I forgot how to blog!
Blogger even asked me to sign in, forgot who I was, as a matter of fact I forgot who I was for a while.
I became surrounded by things I had to do, things I wanted to do, being a mum, being a partner, being a daughter, being a sister, being a friend.
I neglected those close to me because I knew they would understand, I promised my mum we would bake together yet things just got in the way. I missed girlie get togethers because I had so much to do. I was late for deadlines which upset me.
I baked for what seemed like weeks on end and even the flour bucket was empty…empty, my flour bucket is never empty.
As each year passes I collect bagfuls of memories and pile them in my heart, so when I am sad or in need of a smile, I think about the little things that happen throughout the year and I smile and am grateful that I got to live it and enjoy it.
Sometimes I get an award here or there and even though I am more than grateful to be considered for one, I find them a little awkward to accept and post about because even though this blog is about me, well I find it a little hard to talk about me or post about awards.
1. In real life, I seem quite confident but I am quite self-conscious and secretly a little shy too
2. I only speak English with my family but I can speak greek as well
3. Most of you might already know this from my about me page, but I don’t eat any of my baked goods as I am
an oddly fussy vegetarian
4. I LOVE op shops and do not like buying things for my family brand new unless I have too (I must edit to add, handmade creations are definitely acceptable)
5. I have a slight obsession with collecting pretty tea cups and saucers but I love drinking my tea out of huge mugs
6. We moved to Cyprus with my parents when I finished high school and lived there for 5 years, I worked at a travel agency whilst there
7. Even though I love having a garden I am not really into gardening
Phew, that’s a few little bits about me, I hope that you can share a few things about you because everyone deserves an award.
If you do post seven things about you please pop back and let me know so I can get to know you a bit better too.
Thanks Alicia for the award, you definitely are pretty stylish in the kitchen ♥
When I was younger birthdays were all about presents, going out, having a few drinks and definitely all about m e .
Today it’s not about all that or even about me, it’s more about what I wake up to every morning and those faces that look up at me and make my heart melt when they smile.
I can’t say it has been a great year for me mentally but I am getting by and remembering that losing a person in my life doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy life and smile.
Nothing glamorous, no makeup, just me and my cake and what appears to be a deep look of concentration.
Want to peek at some actual lovely faces, pop by here and I hope that you will share you as well.
Have a great day ♥