Back to kinder today and a healthy snack is needed, so this is an easy one to make the night before.
- 2 cups rolled oats with fruit
- ½ cup sultanas
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- ½ cup (180g) honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C (fan). Lightly grease a 20cm x 30cm cake tin (or a square tin if you like). Line with baking paper, allowing paper to hang over the sides
- place oats, nuts and sultanas into a bowl and stir to combine
- heat honey, vegetable oil and peanut butter in a small saucepan until melted and smooth
- add to oat mixture and stir to combine
- press into tin and smooth the top
- bake for 20 minutes covered loosely with a piece of foil to prevent sultanas burning, remove foil and bake for a further 10 minutes or until slightly golden and firm to touch
- allow to cool in tin, once cool, remove and cut into pieces
Enjoy the serenity mums with kids going back to school & kinder today.
Little man and I are going to enjoy some alone time.
Hugs to my new friends following my adventures, hope you can leave a sweet word to say hello.
I have been on a bit of recipe mission for healthy kids snacks, so I tried this vegan chocolate cupcake recipe today and although it is slightly heavier than your usual cupcake, it does have an avocado hidden amongst the chocolate so it really is a healthy cupcake alternative 🙂
So here’s an idea for afternoon tea Anna.
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- preheat oven at 180 C / 350 F
- sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder together in a medium bowl
- mash up avocado and mix with vegetable oil, milk, sugar and vinegar until combined
- for the icing, just mix 1 cup icing mixture, 2 tablespoons cocoa and a couple of tablespoons of hot water and combine until smooth and spread over cooled cupcakes
Let me know if you try them out, I’d love to hear your opinion on them.
Enjoy and have a fabulous day , hugs ♥