Yay, it’s Friday! That’s good because it’s a long weekend here in Australia. That means everyone is home on Monday, I love that.
I just wanted to share some of my favourite moments this week
baking these moon cookies (as Aidan calls them)
It’s been cold this week, it certainly feels like winter.
It feels like I haven’t baked anything for you for ages!!
The truth is I have, I have baked sooo much that I can tell you I am nearly all baked out.
As much as I love baking, after tomorrow, I won’t want to look at my oven, icing, sprinkles, cake boxes or food colours on my hands all week.
I feel a bit like this lately, i haven’t been around much, google reader says I’m on 1.9 posts a week.
I’m feeling a bit flat, a bit emotional, things get a little difficult to cope with. Tantrums and squabbles are just too difficult.
The camera is not my best friend at the moment, the images just don’t seem to work like I want them to.
I get like this every so often, I deal with it and keep going.
I have been “sad”* before and I just deal with it on my own.
Do you ever get like this, for no reason, just because?
What do you say to a 5yr old that asks why you were crying?
Hugs to you and sending hugs to a gorgeous girl who is on the road to dealing with her struggles.
* varying degrees of depression
heart made from my old maternity jeans and beautiful button from Sarah, lovely inspiration from Mel
It was busy, it was emotional, it was exciting, it was teary but what it wasn’t was an ordinary kind of day.
There was a lot to prepare
Sometimes I get an award here or there and even though I am more than grateful to be considered for one, I find them a little awkward to accept and post about because even though this blog is about me, well I find it a little hard to talk about me or post about awards.
1. In real life, I seem quite confident but I am quite self-conscious and secretly a little shy too
2. I only speak English with my family but I can speak greek as well
3. Most of you might already know this from my about me page, but I don’t eat any of my baked goods as I am
an oddly fussy vegetarian
4. I LOVE op shops and do not like buying things for my family brand new unless I have too (I must edit to add, handmade creations are definitely acceptable)
5. I have a slight obsession with collecting pretty tea cups and saucers but I love drinking my tea out of huge mugs
6. We moved to Cyprus with my parents when I finished high school and lived there for 5 years, I worked at a travel agency whilst there
7. Even though I love having a garden I am not really into gardening
Phew, that’s a few little bits about me, I hope that you can share a few things about you because everyone deserves an award.
If you do post seven things about you please pop back and let me know so I can get to know you a bit better too.
Thanks Alicia for the award, you definitely are pretty stylish in the kitchen ♥