I read over here about recipes that were good to make in about 30 minutes and since reading that I have been trying to think of what I could make in that short amount of time.
I then remembered this recipe(cannot remember where I read it).
It’s a mini chocolate croissant using puff pastry from the freezer.
Now, I know that I bake EVERYTHING from scratch, but puff pastry..hmmm, who has time to make that.
So we made this today as a ‘treat’ for potty training, now I know some parents may not agree with this kind of reward, but I see it more as an incentive, and it does work 🙂 well sometimes anyway.
Mini Chocolate Croissants
- Puff Pastry
- chocolate (dark or milk)
- defrost puff pastry for about 10 minutes
- preheat oven at 200 C
- dust bench with a little flour, cut one sheet in half, then cut each half diagonally down the middle to make two triangles
- put chocolate on the bigger end of the triangle and wrap towards the smaller end
- pinch ends together to secure and place on a tray lined with baking paper
- brush with a little egg white and sprinkle some raw sugar on top
- bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden