This is the base for the muffins, you can add whatever you like to it in the end.
I made normal sized muffins but you can also make mini ones as well and freeze them when they have cooled by wrapping in plastic.
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1½ cups soy milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- preheat oven to 180 C, oil spray muffins tins
- mash bananas and add to soy milk in a small saucepan over a low heat and allow to heat slightly for a few minutes, set aside
- add vegetable oil to milk mixture
- put flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix together
- add milk mixture to dry mixture and mix by hand just until combined, if the mixture is too dry add a little bit more soy milk. the mixture should not be dry or too wet, just thick enough to hold it's shape
- now you can add anything you like to flavour your muffins
- sultanas, nuts, frozen berries, only mix until everything is mixed through, do not over mix as muffins will end up tough
- bake for about 25 minutes until slightly golden and firm to the touch
This lovely plate was from the tip shop again, yeah, someone really wanted to throw it away and I saved it to enjoy a life of cupcakes and sweets.
Have a happy week and happy birthday to a lovely sweet friend today.