The cookie baking bug has really got me and these have been on my mental to try list for a while.
My mum used to make them for us when we were younger and she’d sandwich them together with jam and dip the tops in chocolate.
This is the first attempt at them and I couldn’t believe how easy they were to make.
Author: Cathie Small Kitchen Tales
Recipe type: Cookies
- 80g icing sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 250g plain flour
- 200g chocolate
- preheat oven to 180C/160C fan, line two baking trays with paper
- beat butter and icing sugar together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes
- add yolks one at a time and beat until well combined, add vanilla and continue mixing
- sift in flour and continue beating just until combined
- spoon mixture into a piping bag with a large
starttip nozzle and pipe about 6cm lengths onto trays
- bake for about 10-12 minutes until lightly golden
- allow to cool then transfer to wire racks
- place chocolate into a metal bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and stir until chocolate has melted
- dip tops of biscuits into chocolate and
sprinkle with nuts or sprinkles
I’d love to hear if you make them, they do look great and would make great Christmas cookies for friends and neighbours.
If you are interested in more cookie-making techniques and are in Melbourne, I’ll be running a Christmas cookie workshop here.
Happy Saturday friends ♥