There’s a little glimpse of sunshine peeking through the windows and it tricked us into thinking it’s warmer than it is and forgetting that it’s only about 10C outside.
We popped outside to give the chickens our food scraps and quickly ran back in to get warm. On the plus side, one of them had just laid and the egg was toasty warm.
Here’s a quick mid-week recipe and if you are quick they’ll be ready before school pickup and will be perfect for their lunchboxes tomorrow.
I have used wholemeal flour but if you don’t have any on hand, use all-purpose flour and add a handful of nuts, sultanas or dark choc chips if you feel like it, just remember to not over mix.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- ½ cup greek yoghurt or sour cream
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- ½ cup quick oats plus extra for sprinkling on tops
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan. Line a muffin tin with papers and set aside
- In a mixing bowl, hand whisk together the mashed bananas, egg, yoghurt/sour cream and oil
- Add flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and baking soda and mix everything together, only until combined
- Divide batter between the 12 muffin papers, sprinkle tops with quick oats and bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden and cooked when tested with a skewer
Enjoy the rest of your week.