Hope you are having a great Friday, if you’re in Melbourne, then it’s a rainy Friday..
and I ♥ rainy days!
Yay for the weekend, yay for dads being home, yay for doing family things and yay for no market tomorrow.
I have had a few requests from people for a recipe with berries, so I thought I’d share a yummy rich tart recipe which you can use any seasonal berries you like or use frozen berries as I have.
- 1 quantity sweet pastry
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 145g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 140g (1⅓ cups) almond meal
- 30 g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- berries, however many you want
to fillthe tart
- preheat oven to 190 C (375 F). roll out the pastry to line a 23cm tart tin. chill for 20 min
- line pastry shell with baking paper and some rice or beans and blind bake the pastry for 10 min then remove paper and rice/beans and cook for a further 5 minutes or pastry is just cooked but still pale
- in the meantime make almond filling, beat butter and sugar and vanilla together till pale and creamy, this will take about 5 minutes
- beat in the eggs, one at a time and then fold in the almond meal and flour.
- spread the almond filling into the pastry shell
- top with berries of your choice, I used frozen blackberries this time. press the berries slightly into the almond filling with your hand
- bake for about 30 minutes or until filling is golden and firm
- when it's slightly cooled I just brush tart with an apricot glaze which is made by putting a couple of tablespoons of apricot jam and a couple of tablespoons of sugar and about ⅓ cup of hot water and simmer on medium to low until it reduces and thickens.
enjoy your weekend ♥