It’s been a while since the camera has come out to play so I thought it’s time for a recipe.
Now there are a few recipes I have in mind to try, but today I thought I’d make the kids some pikelets…very, very simple to make and you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry & fridge.
It is also kid friendly, the mixing part, and any excuse really to try out our gorgeous gift, from a beautifully thoughtful lady!
Thank you Ms Curlypops x (by the way..she has been wearing her hat most of the time since Saturday)
- 2 cups (300g) self raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup (110 g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 30g melted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup (160g) frozen blueberries **method
- place flour, sugar, eggs, buttermilk*, butter, vanilla in a bowl and stir to combine. Let your mixture stand for about 10 minutes
- heat a non-stick fry pan with some spray oil, on low heat and spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture and cook for about 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface then flip and cook for another 3 minutes
- serve with extra blueberries, butter, whipped cream, maple syrup…whatever you feel like
* reminder on how to make buttermilk
** if you don’t have blueberries, just leave them out or add something else
and make sure you have fun making them!