Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake
hocolate Espresso Cheesecake
Author: Cathie Small Kitchen Tales
- 200 g chocolate biscuits
- 50 g melted butter
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 1 kg cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs & 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup brewed espresso coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- preheat oven to 180C. process biscuits in a food processor until crumb consistency, add melted butter and process until combined
- press into a lined 22cm spring form tin and refrigerate
- melt chocolate in a bowl over simmering water and set aside to cool.
- beat cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy and then add sour cream and mix to combine
- add eggs until they are well mixed, then add espresso, vanilla and melted chocolate and mix until well combined
- pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes, then turn off oven and leave in for an hour
- tips here
- on how to judge if your cheesecake is baked
- While cheesecake is cooling you can make a chocolate ganache by adding
- ml thickened cream, 1 tablespoon cold brewed espresso and
- g dark chocolate, in a pot over a low heat and heat just until chocolate has melted.
- Allow ganache to cool at room temperature.
- Pour over cooled cake and refrigerate for a few hours until set.
tips here on how to judge if your cheesecake is baked