Holidays are still here and I promised the kids we would bake some cookies, something they can help with and something slightly healthy.
Fruity Oat Cookies
Author: Cathie Small Kitchen Tales
Recipe type: Cookies
- 125g butter or vegan butter substitute
- 1½ teaspoons bicarbonate soda
- ¼ cup hot water
- 150g rolled oats
- 75g brown sugar
- 160g plain flour
- 125g currants
- stir bicarb soda into hot water and set aside. place butter
intoa small saucepan over low heat and melt.
- mix bicarb mixture into butter
- combine oats, sugar, flour and currants in a bowl, add butter mixture and allow to stand for 5 minutes
- preheat oven to 160C
- line 2 trays with baking paper
- roll about a tablespoon and a half into balls and place on trays a few centimetres apart, flatten slightly
- bake for 15 minutes or until golden, allow to cool
- place on wire rack to cool completely
I think they liked their cookies, I got a special drawing as a thank you.
Excuse the pics, I am still camera less and using Amelie’s point & shoot camera.
Hope you are all well, things have been devastating for those families in QLD affected by the floods.
Many hugs to you all ♥