Hope everyone had a great day today, we celebrated my partner’s birthday with a quiet dinner and even though he didn’t want one, of course a cake.
The choice was left upto me on the cake, so I thought I’d try a caramel mud cake.
so here it is.
caramel mud cake (women’s weekly)
- 180g white chocolate
- 185g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) golden syrup
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self raising flour
- 2 eggs
white chocolate ganache
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 360g white chocolate
- preheat oven to 160 c/140 c fan forced. grease a 22cm round tin and line with baking paper
- stir chocolate, butter, sugar, golden syrup and milk in a large saucepan over a low heat until smooth. allow to cool for about 15 minutes
- whisk in sifted flours and eggs. pour into pan
- bake for about 45 min, or until a skewer comes out clean. cool in pan