We try not to buy any prepackaged snacks as we enjoy baking yummy things from scratch and that way the kids get to be involved in the process and they see what goes into what they are eating.
As a parent, I feel a little better about what they consume and about not buying unnecessary prepackaged goods.
This recipe is good for their lunchbox and is a good snack for adults as well.
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- ½ cup (75g) plain flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup (160g) sultanas
- ½ cup (180g) honey
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (320 F)
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine
- Place honey into a saucepan over medium heat and cook until runny, just a couple of minutes
- Mix in the vegetable oil
- Add the honey mixture to dry ingredients and mix to combine
- Spoon into a greased 20x30cm tin and flatten with a spoon
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden
- Cool slightly and cut into 16 pieces