Thank you sweet friends for your beautiful birthday messages and for making me smile throughout the day.
It was a little sad to celebrate my first birthday without my dad but it was a good day with some lovely friends, a fabulous icecream cake and my beautiful and loving family which I appreciate every day even more.
Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave your messages, it has been very hectic of late and I haven’t been able to reply back to you personally but I do LOVE and appreciate reading your sweet words.
Hugs and hope you are having a fabulous day
It’s my birthday today and we are off to the park for some cake and cupcakes with some lovely friends and children.
You would have probably guessed by now that my sewing skills are not what you would call…well, not any at all really, but I have been inspired by all you lovely crafty ladies to get started and what would you think my most perfect pincushion would be…yep, a teacup!
So a lovey, lovely lady knew that this would be my dream pincushion without even being told.
Thank you Kate for your very lovely present that has me smiling and excited about….PINS!!!
hope you have a fabulous day aswell
Hope everyone had a great day today, we celebrated my partner’s birthday with a quiet dinner and even though he didn’t want one, of course a cake.
The choice was left upto me on the cake, so I thought I’d try a caramel mud cake.
so here it is.
caramel mud cake (women’s weekly)
- 180g white chocolate
- 185g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) golden syrup
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self raising flour
- 2 eggs
white chocolate ganache
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 360g white chocolate
- preheat oven to 160 c/140 c fan forced. grease a 22cm round tin and line with baking paper
- stir chocolate, butter, sugar, golden syrup and milk in a large saucepan over a low heat until smooth. allow to cool for about 15 minutes
- whisk in sifted flours and eggs. pour into pan
- bake for about 45 min, or until a skewer comes out clean. cool in pan
to make ganache just put cream and chocolate in a small saucepan and stir over low heat, do not leave it unattended, only takes a few minutes.
refrigerate, stirring occasionally until spreadable
I made a double batch and split it between 2 pans and then sandwiched it with ganache.
enjoy and hope you all have a great September ♥
Little mans 2nd birthday today,
so Happy Birthday baby,
♥ you ✗